Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do you know the Miranda Lambert song, "The House That Built Me"? I have loved the song since I heard it the very first time. More often than not it makes me tear up when I hear it. I wish I could go home. I wish I could get on a plane and run home to a family that loves me and will hold me and tell me that everything that is gong wrong will be ok and that even if it isn't they will always be there to catch me and love me. That is simply not the case. Isn't family supposed to be there to love you without being told that you need it, or do I have that wrong? I have long said that my friends were the family I chose and in most cases I chose very well because I truly do have some of the absolute best friends anyone could ever stumble on. I am very grateful for the people that are in my life but they don't fill that hole.

No comments: