Sunday, May 1, 2011

the latest new beginning

I am overweight. There I said it. I don't think that I am obese or that people look at me and think that I am a fat person. but nevertheless, I am overweight. I am 5' tall, pretty much on the money and I weigh in the neighborhood of 175 to 180 pounds. I don't know the exact number because i have not weighed myself in quite awhile but I plan to later today. I also plan to take my body measurements and some pretty unflattering photos. But I am also starting out on a journey today. I am determined to do the work necessary to not be overweight anymore and I plan to start that work today. My friend Jim is helping me with this journey and I know that I can count on my friends to support me, cheer me on, and love me through it. This blog will contain some details on this journey as I go along, things like what I ate, what kind of exercise I did, what I weigh and what my measurements are in addition to the regular babbling I do here. Losing weight is difficult. Changing your relationship with food is difficult. I am an addict. I eat to cure wounds that you can't see by looking at me, things that are eating me up on the inside get fed and they don't make good eating decisions. Those things love cheeseburgers, cheeze its, ice cream and fountain sodas. I have watched members of my family gain weight in fairly significant amounts, I have family members who have been heavy my whole life. A lot of those family members have died because of the strain being overweight puts on the body, things like heart disease, heart attacks, diabetes. I have four amazing children and the cutest grandson in the world. I have friends that I love spending time with and I have long list of things I want to still do and see while I am on this earth. I want to be healthy so I can have the most time possible with my girls, Joe and my friends. I want to be healthy enough to do some of the things on that list. So here I go, down a long bumpy road. I know that I when I put out a hand for help I will find it and I know that as I reach my goals one at a time I will have friends and loved ones there to cheer me on to the next one and for that I am very grateful.

No comments: