Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I am not a toy

Methinks that men are just not capable of thinking with the head on top... I think the other one is oxygen-deprived and therefore brain damaged. Before you judge me as a man hater hear out my evidence.

I have a number of single female friends, some are divorced and some have not been married, not that the circumstances of singlehood matter. We get together and chat about the things going on in our lives and inevitably the talk turns to men and the topics within the subject are varied but often the conclusion that we come to is that there is something seriously wrong with the lot of them.

There are the ones that want to just date around, seeing several women at once with no real connections, He isn't commitment challenged, he is commitment non-interested. This in itself isn't bad as long as all parties involved are aware and in agreement. messing that last bit up can lead to bar fights and angry facebook rants.

There are the ones who want to date...forever. this one is commitment challenged. He is stressful because if you really love him you are stuck in limbo waiting for that big question and he either A. doesn't want to give up his single guy identity or B is too chicken shit to pull the trigger or C. is so broken and damaged from some woman before you that he is terrified.

There are the communicators...this guy will text, call, or email but never go beyond that. I think they are just looking for a path away and aren't brave or smart enough to say they aren't interested, kinda jerky

And then there are the ones I keep running into and these are closely related to the first category. These guys want to hit and forget, bump and run, whatever you want to call it, these guys just want sex. They are not looking for anything that smells like a connection of any sort.

Don't get me wrong I am not looking for a husband. I was asked by a man I met recently if I dated casually or with a purpose. I asked what he meant by those two categories and he said that a lot of women he had met recently pretty much had a checklist and if he didn't meet the husband criteria they checked him off and moved on. Wow..and we wonder why they act like morons. Bitch begets moron every time. I am not dating with that defined a purpose in mind. I would like to meet someone who is special and wonderful, with whom I could make a life, of course, and I do have some qualities that I think that man would possess but I am by no means auditioning every man I date for the role of husband. I am also not looking for a sex partner, one night stand, or friend with that particular benefit. I have female friends who are all about the FWB or one nighters but I guess I am not wired that way. I have done it I will admit and I have always, every single (both) times felt absolutely wretched afterwards. It did nothing for my self confidence the way my friends say it does them. They claim it makes them feel powerful. It just made me feel rather cheap.

Maybe its me? Maybe I am not a dater? Maybe I am never going to be half of a we or them again? It hurts a little bit to think that way but it certainly does feel that way. I try not to dwell on it but the evidence is mounting.

No comments: