Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dancing Priestess

I love to dance! I'd rather dance than do most anyother single thing that I can think of. There I said it! I love to dance. Seep down inside I am a dancer at my core. I think I knew the very first time I saw Ms. Fara in her pink ballet slippers and little chiffon skirt...that was the life for me. Somewhere along the way I decided Prima Ballerina would be my job for life, then I was going to be a Rockette, and then a Vegas Showgirl. Then I stopped growing taller at 5' tall and none of those things was ever going to happen, but still I danced. Now at 43 I STILL dance...every chance I get. Tonight I am taking a big step for me and I am terrified. I am going to a ballroom dancing class....by myself. I joined a group online and I have been watching their events come and go week after week. I have wanted to try but the fear of doing it alone has stopped me. I don't want to be there by myself all weird. I finally sent a message to the organizers of the group and asked about going alone as  a single female and they said that in fact there had been unpartnered males the week before.. I took this as a sign so here I go. Good Bad or Indifferent... I sincerely hope that I don't regret it, or feel weird or whatever. I just want to dance. I love it so much and ballroom is a lot of fun, good exercise too. I am grateful that Todd Keys introduced me to it or I probably would have wondered the rest of my life about it, certainly never would have worked up the nerve to actually go to a class and try it, not alone no never. But now that I know how much I love it... I am actually excited behind the terror.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

And you had a great time!